FT Human Resources Generalist position available, with local nonprofit organization that has been helping residents of our community for over 60 years with harm reduction, housing, information and referral, and strengthening other local nonprofits. Recent growth to 60+ employees means we are ready for our first HR position, and we need someone with a background in benefits, compensation and classification, Federal and State employment law, job descriptions, and general HR principles and practices. Requires a BS/BA degree in HR or a related field, and progressively responsible HR experience. This position will be located in the Roanoke office. This position is full-time. Pay range $43,000 – 47,000. NS, EOE.
Performs difficult administrative and support functions related to employment, benefit, payroll and general HR functions. Excellent customer service skills must be exercised to assist a wide range of people including employees, applicants, management, and Drop In Center clients. Duties performed require knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices and general office management. Strong organizational, communication and technical skills are required to perform a wide variety of administrative functions, research and analysis. This position must maintain confidentiality, including an understanding of HIPPA requirements. Work is performed under the general supervision of the President, with oversight from the Drop In Center Director when working with those clients. Performs other duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Creates onboarding program for new employees and conducts new employee benefit orientations and ensures required forms are completed and filed accurately.
- Communicates and manages eligibility and process requirements for benefit plans
- Assists in implementation, administration, maintenance, and communication of employee benefit programs and related documents
- Performs complex transactional processes that require advanced knowledge of employee benefits and eligibility requirements.
- Processes criminal background and child protective services checks
- Processes payroll related data accurately and within specific deadlines to ensure proper payments and withholdings
- Understands federal and state regulations and impacts to HR activities and benefits
- Processes FMLA and Qualifying Events accurately and within deadlines.
- Assists Drop In Center clients with enrollment in the Affordable Care Act.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees separating from the Council
- Processes performance evaluation forms
- Provides a first-level response to employee/management requests for guidance on HR policies and practices and for problem resolution. Escalates to a higher level for handling as appropriate.
- Responds to and reacts to outside inquiries related to employment verifications, court orders, etc.
- Participates in employee meetings and training as needed
- Maintains job descriptions and implements and maintains pay scale/compensation/classification plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, psychology, education or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the work
- Extensive progressively responsible experience in administration, employee benefits, or other functional areas of Human Resources.
- Computer literacy essential
- Knowledge of general human resources principles and practices including employment and recruiting, benefits and compensation, and employee relations and training.
PT Data Specialist position available, with local nonprofit organization that administers the local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). The HMIS Data Specialist provides administrative support to the Director of Homeless Services and the HMIS Data Manager in maintaining operations of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). Minimum qualifications for this position include but are not limited to Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma with related experience. Strong computer skills are required, with the ability to develop a high level of proficiency with specialized software system. This position is part-time, 20 hours/week. $13.00 – $15.00/hour. NS, EOE.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide technical support to users of the Homeless Management Information System.
- Assist in collecting and monitoring community-level data.
- Assist with the development of community grant applications.
- Provide administrative support to community committees.
- Assist with the development of reports and technical documents.
- Conduct individual and group-level trainings for system users.
- Provide staff support for the HMIS Data Quality Committee.
- Assist in maintaining the HMIS policies and procedures manual.
- Attend trainings to learn how to implement and use the new Clarity HMIS data platform.
- Create pre-recorded training videos for CoC users of the new Clarity data platform.
- Maintain the Clarity HMIS training page of the Council of Community Services website.
- Prepare and present the monthly Community Outcomes Report at the BRICH and CoC meetings.
- Provide customized reports to agency partners as requested.
- Work with Director of Homeless Services in developing customized enhancements and innovations to the HMIS to ensure the community’s service system operates efficiently.
- Work with Director of Homeless Services to ensure HUD requirements are met for the HMIS implementation.
- Attend trainings and/or conferences to keep abreast of ways data can be used in innovative ways to reduce homelessness.
- Participate and assist as requested in Council projects and programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong technical and computer skills with the ability to think innovatively.
- Experience with video editing, presentations, and desktop recording software.
- Collaborative-minded with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and present an accurate and compelling narrative to community partners.
- Knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn other computer programs such as the HMIS software.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the human services field or homeless services preferred.
Click here to apply.
Visit our Nonprofit Roanoke job board, a one-stop site for nonprofit employers, job seekers, and individuals looking for internship opportunities.